The DevFest Algiers hackathon is primarily associated with university students from different technical backgrounds: programmers, ethical hackers, and software coders. It is a place where like-minded people come together to "hack" innovative ideas and build realistic, technical, and implementable solutions.
The goal of a Devfest Algiers hackathon is to come up with a solution related to the theme of the edition during the event and to create usable and functional software or hardware
product at the end of the event.
Hackathons last 48 hours and will include a prize for the winning teams.
About the theme
"Live AI: Get through daily life using AI"
There are a wide variety of current technological developments that use artificial
intelligence (AI), all of which empower us and help us fulfill our daily responsibilities.
We believe that artificial intelligence can play a role in the daily life of Algerian citizens,
making their lives easier and simpler. That's why, this year, we made sure to give our
hackers the chance to achieve that.
Before the end of submission[12:00PM, Saturday, 20th November, 2021], participants will have to submit all deliverables described bellow.
- [Required](.Zip) file. Please include any type of file you consider useful (Presentation, Prototype...). Note that source code is not required here.
- [Required](Link to your project's GitHub repo).
- [Optional](Other links for deployement or preview).
- .Zip file should be named as <TeamName>_Submission.zip where <TeamName> is the name of your team.
Projects unsubmitted after the Hackathon Window (i.e. 12:00 pm Saturday, 20th November, 2021) won’t be considered.
The presentation should be named as <team name>_presentation.
All teams will have to present their work in front of the judges.
Pitch process will be as follow :
- After the order of appearance has been set by the organising team, the teams will go one by one to present their work.
- Pitch will take place in a private room.
- Only the presentation will be streamed to the audience.(Not the Q&A with judges phase).
- One to two pitchers from the team are allowed to take part in the pitch (Only in the presentation phase).
- Pitch will take a duration of 7min (5 for presentation + 2 for Q&A).
- Note for those who are whiling to demo their work, it would better if you could prepare your environment for the demo in more than one machine.
$1,130 in prizes
Headset + Mechanical Keyboard
Swag boxes By weight and biases
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Hadjer ben meziane
Innovation potential of the idea, Adherence to the selected topic, Use of proposed levers, Impact on the users, Its business relevance,
Usability (interaction, visual and emotional design)// Functional scope (design completion)
Quality and Completeness of the prototype + demo
Quality of the presentation, Clarity, Effectiveness, Completeness, Interest raised in the audience,